STEAM Up Thursday: Once Upon a Time: Tales for STEAM Makers (4-8YO)
A truly unique STEAM maker experience begins with “Once upon a time….”, the enchanted world of classic tales. Join this open-ended creative play to spark your imaginative and innovative ideas. Little STEAM makers will get to solve problems posted by a scenario from a tale. Bring along your creative and inventive mind and have a real hoot in this innovative story making time!
30mins - Creative Afternoon Snack Play
60mins - Daily Theme Main Activity
30mins - Brain Booster Station
- A 2-hour daily, 16-week program that focuses on developing strengths and lending guidance under the supervision of a professional and fully guided team
- Afterschool snack and refreshment for your little ones to refuel their energy so they can fully enjoy their learningful ‘Wise Hour’ time, where your little ones get to Play. Eat.
- Endless opportunities for your child to explore, imagine, connect, engage and grow
- A child-centered space that provides support and helps develop your child’s personal interests
- A ‘recognition party’ wherein kids will invite their parents to come and showcase what they did and learned during the 16-week program
- A certificate of recognition will be given to each child when they attend at least 12 weeks of the same program on the 16th
- A certificate of participation will be given to each child when they attend less than 12 weeks of the same or different programs on the 16th
- An experienced team of instructors who are passionate about teaching ‘learning through play’
- Free apron rental for your child when you book all 16 classes
- Private, clean environment with COVID-19 safety measures in place
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnnest Learningful Play Workshop ?
- Taiwan’s premier in kids culinary program since 2012
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school
- Essential life skills
- Fun and Experienced instructors and staff
- Foster creativity and thinking ability
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- When class sessions are canceled due to unforeseen events such as bad weather, an outbreak of disease, and compliance with law or government order, make-ups will be given. No refunds.
- If a class session has been canceled due to the instructor’s illness, make-up will be given.
- For those who book classes without points, there will be 1 make-up class for every 8 classes booked, so 2 make-up classes if booked for 16 classes. But for members who book the class with points will receive no make-up but they can reschedule once per month.
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 48 hours before the class begins. There is an option to reschedule with make-up, or if you don't have any make-up left there will be a $200 administrative fee for class rescheduling.
- If the cancellation was made in less than 24 hours, there is no option to cancel or reschedule with make-up, but it is allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. For substitutes, please inform us of the new participant’s name and contact information.
- In case of the program withdrawals, regardless of any class discount purchased, any class attended will be calculated at the original pricing, and then a 15% value of the originally purchased program will also be deducted as the cancellation fee.
- Credits are transferable to any other workshops, camps or programs for a period of one year from the time of withdrawal.
Wise Owl’ Clock: Afternoon Program
Join GUUDNEST’s Wise Owl’ Clock to spend the wise afternoon hours where endless opportunities of learningful play is offered to your little owls. With us, your little owls will be given enriching experience of the GUUDNEST way of learning– Absorb Good, Do Good, Learn Good—through Sensory-Approach, S.T.E.A.M. and Growth Mindset embedded in our Wise Owl’ Clock afternoon program to help foster goodness characters, mindset and essential 21st century learning skills.
Why Join the Wise Owl’ Clock?
- To refresh and refuel both a child’s body with delicious, fun-to-play-and-eat afternoon snack and a child’s brain with hands-on, engaging, daily learningful play activity
- To experience unique learning activities, pairing with creativity to challenge your child’s imagination and thinking—from art, culinary, engineering, STEAM maker to local heritage of Mandarin
Our Weekday's Program:
- Artsy Monday: Good ARTernoon
- Cooking Tuesday: Cook Up a Character
- Engineering Wednesday: Imagineer Owl Way
- T.E.A.M. Up Thursday: Once Upon a Time: Tales for STEAM Makers
- Mandarin Friday: Hao Owl: Speak Up Story Telling